Frequently Asked Questions
Please feel through to read through our list of frequently asked questions that our customers ask us. If you have any further questions, please contact us.
- What are your opening hours?
- Do you need a reservation, and if so, how far in advance do I need to book?
- Where are you located?
- What is the dress code?
- Do you have cakes available for people’s birthdays and celebrations?
- Can flowers be delivered to the restaurant?
- Do you have more than just fish on the menu?
- Do you cater for people with special dietary requirements?
- Does Portofino have a fully licensed bar?
- Can you seat people without reservations (walk–ins)?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Do you have gift vouchers?
- Is the restaurant disabled friendly?
1. What are your opening hours?
Portofino is open 5 days a week - Tuesday to Saturday. Lunch is served from midday, with last orders at 2pm – with choices from the à la carte menu and the lunch time menu. Dinner is served from the à la carte menu from 6pm, with last orders at 10pm. An extensive list of fish and shellfish specials is always available.
2. Do you need a reservation, and if so, how far in advance do I need to book?
We recommend that you book sooner rather than later to ensure your reservation (especially at weekends to avoid disappointment). Find out about making a reservation first so we can guarantee you a table.
3. Where are you located?
We are located within the Hythe area of Colchester - Haven Road, Colchester, Essex, CO2 8HT.
4. What is the dress code?
There is no strict dress code, smart/casual is recommended.
5. Do you have cakes available for people’s birthdays and celebrations?
Yes, cakes can always be ordered in advance for that special occasion. Should you wish to provide your own cake, we will be quite happy to serve this for you.
6. Can flowers be delivered to the restaurant?
Yes, flowers can be delivered to the restaurant. Please make sure that the reservation name, date and time is included on the card, so that we can pass your flowers on to you at your table.
7. Do you have more than just fish on the menu?
Yes. Although there is a large selection of fish and shellfish, we also serve a wide range of antipasti, pasta, veal, chicken, steaks, and vegetarian dishes.
8. Do you cater for people with special dietary requirements?
As all of our dishes are cooked to order, any special requests can be catered for.
9. Does Portofino have a fully licensed bar?
Yes, Portofino offers a fully licensed bar with a wide variety of wines, spirits, cocktails, draft peroni, bottled beers, and liqueurs. There is also a large selection of soft beverages.
10. Can you seat people without reservations (walk–ins)?
Walk-ins are welcome to the restaurant, however you are advised to make a reservation prior to turning up, as we cannot guarantee you a table at busy times.
11. What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit and debit cards (including American Express), cheques (with guarantee card), and cash. We can set up business accounts, by prior arrangement.
12. Do you have gift vouchers?
Vouchers can be purchased as the perfect gift for your friends or loved ones.
13. Is the restaurant disabled friendly?
Our design of the restaurant ensures that disabled customers have access to all of the restaurant's facilities.